Peaches are in peak season here in CT. Yesterday, we took a trip to the orchard and brought home quite a large yield! The peaches were small, due to the dry weather, so we picked bunch to may up for it! Now I have figure out what to make with these beauties!
Today for breakfast, I decided to try Peaches and Cream Quinoa. I was going to do oatmeal but wanted the extra protein power of quinoa. It turned out delicious. The recipe is below!
- 1 Cup Quinoa
- 2 Cups Almond Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/3 Cup Maple Syrup
- 2 Peaches diced
- Coconut Cream for topping
- Cook Quinoa and Almond Milk in a sauce pan over medium heat and cook until liquid starts to run out.
- Add vanilla, maple syrup, and peaches. Stir and cover with a lid and cook on very low heat for about 5 min stirring every min or so.
- Serve in bowls and put a dollop of coconut cream.
- *To make coconut cream, refrigerate a can of coconut milk overnight. Open the can the can and pour the liquid off the top and use the thick cream.