Its almost Super Bowl time ya’ll! I am excited! Although I am disappointed my Pats aren’t in SuperBowl50, it should be a good game. Can you believe the SuperBowl is 50 years old? Its pretty special and I had the opportunity to appear in a BudLight commercial for their bottle commemorating this milestone! The commercial flashes back at the SuperBowl through the years and you will find me in circa 1982 rooting for Joe Montana! 49ers, goooo! It was a blast dressing up in 80’s wardrobe and makeup too. You can see it here.
So what are you planning to snack on while you watch the big game? May I recommend my favorite Nacho Cheese Sauce? Its completely vegan and high in protein and B-vitamins! AND it tastes delicious! Trust me! I have been making this sauce for over a decade and it never ceases to please vegans and non-vegans alike!
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup raw cashews
- One 4 oz. jar pimentos, drained
- 1 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 4 tablespoons Tapioca Flour
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Combine all ingredients in a Vita-Mix or other blender and blend until completely smooth. Transfer mixture to a medium saucepan and whisk constantly over medium heat until thickened, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- This recipe is amended from Smhooed Food.